cant erease at90s1200-12pc

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I'm have some troubles with some AT90S1200-12pc I bought.I cant program them serially and I cant to a chip erease in parellel program mode.But I'm only usng some breadboard and dip switches to put it in parellel mode.I can do a chip erease on one a At2313-10PI this way. Also when I read the ID off the chip I get 00 01 02 03 witch I think means the lock bits are set.I got these chips from digikey.And I don't have any SKxx programmer,all I have is a program called BA1FB AT90Sxxxx programmer and it uses a PCs parelell port to program the chip serially.If anyone is familure with this program or problem please help. Thanks

admin's test signature

hi Boat-man,

The 00 01 02 03... should mean that the lock bits are set, because then you only get values equal to the address you're trying to access, but this doesn't account for your not being able to program the device! If, that is, you erase the device at first (this clears the lock bits).

Do you erase the device first? If not - do so! :)

I'm not familiar with the programmer. Anyone?

Corinthian

admin's test signature

I use BA1F too. I fond no problem with 2343s and 2313s, but I never used 1200s.
At any rate, you can try with the unexpensive AvrProg you can find at
http://users.skynet.be/jiwan/Ele...
(and then say us what happened ;-))

Thanks I'll give it a shot.

admin's test signature

Fabrizio, Have you used this,I built the circuit,but it doesn't work. I've got no puwer to the chip,vcc is 0v. Although I'm a little confused the schemitac has one label for the Rs232 is Ring and the pin I see is the ring indecator pin 9 (on db9) and that is an input. I'm going to try to change it over to use a max232 chp and see what that does.

admin's test signature

Finally Got them to load.I remembered reading something about a programmer called PonyProg, and had look at it before.It uses the same simple circuit as Avrprog, but something that not showen is a 4mhz crystal.I don't thing that was my problem because I didn't get any data or clock paluses with Avrprog.I do still have 4 chips that wont load or erease. Thanks for helping.

admin's test signature

I'm experiancing the same problam using fbprg version 1.6 says the device code is 00 01 02 03 cant program or erase. however using an earlier version of fbprg (1.3) the device code is 00 00 00 and I can erase and it attempts to program, however I have yet to get a good verifiy. it seems to program part of the program but drops a byte here or there. hope this gives you some more insite. and yes I can program the 2313's perfect all the time using this same setup