Bootloader for ATxmega128A1

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi guys

I'm trying to make a bootloader for the ATxmega128a1, I have downloaded the app note AVR1316, which contains a bootloader for the device.

FYI: I'm using the IAR embedded IDE.

WHat I like to do, is that the code is placed in the boot section 0x20000.
Ihave modified the linker file , so the code is alloceted in the boot sector. This seems to work (start adress in map file is 0x20000 and running c-spy it also starts a 0x20000), but I'm not sure that I have modified the linker file correct.

Have anyone modified the linker file to allocate the code in the boot sector?

Is there another way todo this without modify the linker file?

And last, is there anyone which have written a bootloader which are working on the atxmega128a1?

I have attached the linker file which I have modifed.

Best regrads
Martin

Attachment(s): 

Take a read of this thread.

-- Damien

Thanks Damien

I have seen that thread, but I'm a newbie in AVR processor, and Iusing IAR. So maybe it's just me, but how can I see the linker file in AVR studio?

Do you know if I can convert the project to IAR?

Martin

MartinMozartArndt wrote:
Thanks Damien

I have seen that thread, but I'm a newbie in AVR processor, and Iusing IAR. So maybe it's just me, but how can I see the linker file in AVR studio?

Do you know if I can convert the project to IAR?

Martin

The original application note has an IAR workspace. Other than that, I'm a GCC user so unfortunately, I won't be of much use.

-- Damien

You are complete right, the app note have a IAR workspace, which is also what I have used, but the problem for this app note, is that it does not move the code up in the boot sector, which is what I have been trying to do.

I would like to have this confirmed, that I have done it right.

But thanks for your reply

Martin