Benny Hill Chase Music

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Author
Total votes: 0

Ok, this is an embarrassing problem. I'm using AVR Studio 6.1 beta (6.1.2440), and about every 5-10 times I build my solution, the Benny Hill chase music starts playing!

I have visual studio 2010, and it doesn't do it.

I've googled for viruses, but found nothing. Windows defender found nothing. (My box is pretty well locked down - I don't run as administrator).

It seemed to start happening after I installed the LUFA via the gallery - this may be a coincidence.

Have I found an easter egg? Can it be turned off?

Bahaha, working late?

Tools->Options, Extensions->LUFA Library, disable Easter Egg.

- Dean :twisted:

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

You really did this, Dean?

I'm 50 percent laughing with convulsions, 50 percent detesting such a move.

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington]

Well, it's only a (theoretical) 5% chance of triggering it, after 5PM when enabled....

https://github.com/abcminiuser/lufa/commit/3a42a354c1727a4cae0c5f5b421459fd6dc4fcf8

Make Atmel Studio better with my free extensions. Open source and feedback welcome!

I love easter eggs but they probably need to remain hidden a bit deeper - like only on every 3rd Tuesday in a month that contains the letter R.

(some confirmation to the user that it's intentional and not a virus may be an idea too ;-))

Love your work dean. :D

clawson wrote:
I love easter eggs but they probably need to remain hidden a bit deeper - like only on every 3rd Tuesday in a month that contains the letter R.

(some confirmation to the user that it's intentional and not a virus may be an idea too ;-))

The egg is not excaclty hidden if you look at the package options, but I guess that people seldom venture into the options dialog :P

Still, better than the first test with "let's just play it one in five" :P

:: Morten

It was really frustrating. Most of my builds were really short, so I'd only get the first note. But then a full build played most of the tune.

I'm glad it wasn't a virus!

Ok ok, I'll turn it off in the next release, I've had my fun now.

What kind of virus would hook the Atmel Studio build events, and play a looped version of Yackety Sax?

Quote:

What kind of virus would hook the Atmel Studio build events, and play a looped version of Yackety Sax?

That'd be high on my list if I was into writing virii! :-)

Wiseguy!

Torby

Wear no unnecessary shoes

Pages