AVR Studio will not find AVRIPSmkII

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi all. HELP !
AVR Studio can't find USB AVRISP programmer. Have tried to remove the whole program, and the reinstall.
After reinstall, plugged the USB AVRISP to the USP port. PC find AVRISP and telling "Ready to user" and in the control panel it seeem OK. BUT NO. When opening the AVR Studio, it will not find the USB priogrammer. Have just bought a new one, but stil same problem. How can it bee ??? Hope for help. :cry:

Thanks
Per
PS: Windows XP

Have a look in Device Manager - do you see the Jungo USB driver listed there and beneath the AVRISPmkII?

Hi again..Yes under Device Manager is Jungo USB driver listed there and beneath the AVRISPmkII, and driver sayes OK.
What can be wrong ?
Thaks Per

Have you tried to change the drive manually? Point it to the driver in the avr studio directory (don't remember exactly where it is, but you should be able to find it). The last time I installed it, Windows installed the wrong driver for it as well.

Clint

Hi again. Yps I have done that, so tthe driver must be the right one.
Br
Per

Hi all. Have total removed V4.17, and then reinstalled V4.15 and everythings is now OK, so there must be something with V4.17.
Have a nice weekend
Br
Per

We have seen some issues with registration of our own communication module. Locate the file scomm.dll in the AVRStudio installation, open a command window in the folder and give the command regsvr32 scomm.dll Scomm.dll handles both serial communication and communication with the jungo usb-driver.

Lars Kvenild
Atmel Norway

I'm going to make this sticky for a while so that Lars' advice remains visible for others afflicted by this.

hi,
try to reset the setting of the programmer,maybe that will be ok.
regards.

www.tymall.net
MSN:leestone@live.cn
Email:leestone@live.cn

I read this thread with interest since I have been having a similar problem with AVRStudio connecting to my Dragon board. I have been running Studio 4, build 17 and have simply been unable to connect to my Dragon board over USB. I reinstalled Studio, reinstalled the Jungo driver, and finally tried running "regsvr32 SComm.dll as suggested by tech support in this thread.
==========.

I uninstalled V4.17 and installed V4.16 and I can now connect to my Dragon board.

Just to note that 4.18 is now released. It *may* be a solution?

Pages