AVR Studio 5 wishlist

Go To Last Post
227 posts / 0 new

Pages

Author
Total votes: 0

Hi, Significant progress in AVR Studio development is ongoing. We are currently working on a new AVR Studio 5 platform. Release is planned H1 2010. Please feel free to discuss what you would expect in the new AS 5 platform. Regards, Viggo Atmel [I've split this and elevated it to stickiness so it won't get lost in the general traffic - cliff]

Last Edited: Fri. Sep 19, 2014 - 09:23 AM

Viggo,

Is this going to be cross platform or still tied to Windows?

I don't know about others but my main complaint about Studio is really just the underspecified editor (especially if you are using it for C development where source browsing functions would be REALLY appreciated!). Is there any chance you could bolt in something based on Scintilla (the same core that Notepad++ uses) ?

http://www.scintilla.org/

Note that they say there:

Quote:
It comes with complete source code and a license that permits use in any free project or commercial product.

Cliff

PS Would you mind awfully if I split these last two posts off into a new thread entitled "Wishlist for AVR Studio 5" ? Almost everyone who's ever used AVR will have a view on desired Studio features and they miss the discussion in this thread.

PPS I hope you're finally going to fix the register name editing bug???

Quote:

Please feel free to discuss what you would expect in the new AS 5 platform.

1. Cross platform
2. Cross platform
3. Cross platform

n. The ability to use plug-ins already developed and available on The Interweb, for eg your SCM system of choice, your editing needs/wants etc. Just go through the plugin-enabled IDE platforms out there, pick the ubiquitous one and clone it (or just use it :wink:, there should be a team near you, with markings "32" on their foreheads, that knows how).

n+1. Source browsing, refactoring etc. Hey, wait.. That pluggable platform already has that..

BTW: How about splitting this off into a separate thread? Subject suggestion: "AVR Studio 5 wishlist". [And that now seems done!]

"He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack, or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track. Oh the engineers would see him sitting in the shade, Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made. People passing by, they would stop and say, "Oh, my, what that little country boy could play!" [Chuck Berry]

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

Intellisense

Better syntax coloring

Folding/collapsing of code sections in the editor

Have the programming dialog remember the hex and elf files last used with the project, or at least with that instance of Studio.

I agree with dak664 make the hex file of choise the one that is in the current project. So you have to select the hex file only one within a project. when you then want to burn another hex file you just select that and it then is the standard for that project.

Also a nice feature would be the possibility to collaps and expand functions.

Also a default check on the usage of floats and then adding the correct libraries would be great. Then you do not have to think about making the settings right and finding out later that you still forgot something and run into unexpected behaviour.

regards

No bugs! :?

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

I would like to see a focus on productivity issues. Atmel are very good at fixing show stoppers but when it comes to issues that only affect productivity they seem to lose interest.

Some ideas:
1) Save bookmarks and register labels between sessions
2) Allow multiple, synchronised, views to be opened up on a single file in the editor (the Codewarrior feature I miss most). Splitting the edit session in a single window is a very sorry substitute.
3) Allow setting of default edit window size. On my monitor opening a new file edit window always ends up letter box shape with the rt hand side hidden under a floating information window.

rledyard wrote:

Better syntax coloring

I got fed up with this many years ago and discovered how to change it in the .ini files. Just remember to keep a copy somewhere safe. As major upgrades tend to overwrite your handywork!

On the other hand Studio 5 could bring this inside the UI and protect settings from change during upgrades.

Quote:

Also a default check on the usage of floats and then adding the correct libraries would be great.

I disagree. Either have the project link with libm.a by default, or let me control the link libraries entirely by myself. Eg what should Studio5 do if you removed the last thing that caused it to need libm.a? Should it remove the lib from the link options? Or should it leave it there? What if I would supply a modified library (which I might call libaltm.a)? How would Studio detect that this supplies what is needed so that it will not add libm.a?

Quote:

Then you do not have to think about making the settings right and finding out later that you still forgot something and run into unexpected behaviour.

Instead, you'd have Studio "think" for you in ways that might still generate unexpected behaviour.

Anyway, this is probably an academic discussion, as the detection would need the writing of a more or less complete C parser to determine if there are any constructs that requires float support at run-time.

Quote:

Some ideas:
1) Save bookmarks [...]
2) Allow multiple, synchronised, views [...]
3) Allow setting of default edit window size. [...]

I know of an IDE framework that has this more or less out of the box. So do the Atmel people with "32" stamped on their fore-heads. :wink: (Oh, all right! I'll stop now. I think..)

"He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack, or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track. Oh the engineers would see him sitting in the shade, Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made. People passing by, they would stop and say, "Oh, my, what that little country boy could play!" [Chuck Berry]

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

js wrote:
No bugs! :?
:twisted: You first! :twisted:

Stu

Engineering seems to boil down to: Cheap. Fast. Good. Choose two. Sometimes choose only one.

Newbie? Be sure to read the thread Newbie? Start here!

This would be my NUMBER 1 REQUEST:

My usual method of debugging is to step through until I spot the error happen, perhaps using a data breakpoint. But sometimes this doesn't tell me what caused the change, I need trace or better still, step back!

Trace back would be SO easy to implement in the simulator. Surely all that's needed is to keep a log of changes at each step. The ability to step backwards just 5 to 10 steps would same 50% of debugging time.

Other ideas:

Re-think the wording on the up/download memory dialogue. It;s not intuitive which way is UP. It's better than it was but it still isn't clear. How about 'save memory to file' and 'load memory to file'.

Have an option to refresh EEPROM/SRAM contents on a build. It can be handy keeping (say) an input buffer in SRAM full of test data between builds, but at other times it can be useful to start with it all 'clear'. Equally, having to load EEPROM via a dialogue every time you change it is irritating.

If you already have a file open and then add an include for it, you can end up with two live versions without noticing and the 'file XXX has changed on disk' warning doesn't give you much idea which version you want to keep. I lost half an hour's work because of this last weekend.

How about a halt if an include wants to open a new file that is already open, asking you to close the open version (saving if required) before repeating the build.

If you have two copies of S4 running at the same time, then you have to keep switching the target device in the connect dialogue. How about picking up the identity of the target when you open the connect dialogue automatically, and allowing the two instances of the programme to be using different com ports? (OK that way lies madness, but...)

When you use search and click 'find next', keep the search open instead of closing it. Otherwise you have to keep opening the dialogue over and again, or use far too many markers.

Allow manual sorting of the watch window by dragging and dropping. I always end up with closely related variables far apart, and get fed up re-arranging them. Also, allow blank lines in the watch window.

Allow manual dragging of the 'yellow arrow' to permit you to change the program counter.

Some sort of easy utility for producing stimulus files, to allow easy entry of serial data or even ADC voltage levels.

Allowing two instances of S4 (sorry S5) to communicate via virtual UASART/SPI/I2c, so you can simulate how two projects 'talk' to each other.

An easy interface for user plug ins, such as a way of easily getting the state of the I/O ports into an external program (which might simulate a custom display of analogue inputs).

Cheers,

Joey

As I got a star for that last post (I knew it was a good one!) some more ideas:

Collapsing sections of code would be good.

Allowing a set of labels to be selected and colapsed as well. My current project has 2-300 :(

160+ of them are SKIP001, SKIP002 or LOOP01 etc, all used for short, obvious things. I only need to know the number of the last one of each.

Even better! Allow LOCAL variables (including labels) in included files or even better sections of files in the assembler.

Cheers,

Joey

1) When debugging there is only a single I/O view window. When you select an I/O controller it opens out the registers for that controller. So far so good. Then you hit the problem what about the second controller and the third....

Solution provide additional I/O view windows in the same way as you do with memory windows.
With the arrival of the XMega , its 4000 register address space!! and the event and DMA systems this is critical.

2) Watch Windows - fine for watching 8bit variables but there seems to be no way of watching 16 bit variables. Also it would be nice to track individual bits rather than the whole byte.

3) When multiple instances of Studio are open the task bar makes selection of the correct instance very tricky. The window title (used for the task bar) is of the form AVR Studio - . Where filename is the file currently being edited. Depending on settings this could be either the basic filename or the long filename. In either case unhelpfull in selecting the correct instance of Studio.I would suggest
- AVR Studio
. The icon is good enough to define the program so it does not matter if only the project name can be seen.

joeyAVR wrote:

When you use search and click 'find next', keep the search open instead of closing it. Otherwise you have to keep opening the dialogue over and again, or use far too many markers.

Some sort of easy utility for producing stimulus files, to allow easy entry of serial data or even ADC voltage levels.

:o Whats wrong with hitting F3 to repeat a search it works well in Studio (and many other programs)

Looks like Stimulus2 - which according to the latest studio help is still a work in progress will go some way to meeting your requirement.

Quote:

2) Watch Windows - fine for watching 8bit variables but there seems to be no way of watching 16 bit variables. Also it would be nice to track individual bits rather than the whole byte.

Eh?

Attachment(s): 

I should have made myself clearer I was refering to using watch windows in an assembler project. Clearly the problem is defining a variable in a way such that the watch window sees it as a 16 bit variable. Perhaps supplementing the .byte directive with a .word.

I'd like to second others' suggestions for:

-Better C syntax support (code indenting, folding) ala Notepad++ or 'psPad'

-Better peripheral simulation -- talk to the boys who wrote VMLab and license their pseudo-SPICE hardware sim environment!

If their IDE wasn't so klunky (feels like Windows 3.1) and supported newer AVR chips, I'd have switched to it already. Their simulation allows virtual keypads, ADCs, a realtime virtual oscilloscope view of pins, a virtual LCD display... I know AVR Studio has an SDK for plugins, but last I looked there weren't really any written. These kind of basic virtual peripherals should be standard with the IDE.

At the very least, a proper stimulus file editor and support for ADC values as stimuli would be welcome.

Finally: I vehemently vote -against- Eclipse as the IDE. It's fine for huge, complex C or Java projects, but WAY overkill for an 8-bit platform.

Quote:

Eclipse as the IDE. It's fine for huge, complex C or Java projects, but WAY overkill for an 8-bit platform.

Are you talking about things like disk size, or about features in the IDE? If the latter then what I envision isn't a "vanilla" Eclipse, but a tweaked one that has the stuff that is needed, and has lost the stuff that isn't. Remeber that Eclipse is an "empty shell" (the platform), filled with plugins to do the stuff it does. Thinking of Eclipse as a monolith is a mistake.

Some points are

- In this time of agile'isms and stuff one mantra is that you should concentrate on your core expertise, and let others concentrate on theirs. Eg you don't write a piece of software is it isn't about your core expertise, and someone else has written it already. Atmel should be experts on microcontrollers and development tools for them. Not editors and IDEs.

- (Repeated) Basing an IDE on Eclipse gives you perhaps the largest collection of 3rd party plugins there is. Basing an IDE on Eclipse gives you perhaps the largest number of plugin developers there is.

- Basing an IDE on Eclipse would concentrate the IDE competence at Atmel to one platform.

It is highly unlikely (moon/cheese level) that Atmel will actually switch IDE platform for AVR Studio(8) anyway, so I'll stop now.

I would speculate that it is unlikely that Atmel will even swap the editor component of the current AVR Studio at this point.

Eclipse CDT based to leverage all the existing Eclipse plugins.

I will add :

Make sure that there are models for all the AVR's for the simulator V2

Trevor_G wrote:

:o Whats wrong with hitting F3 to repeat a search it works well in Studio (and many other programs)

LOL! I only discovered what -A did yesterday, thanks to my little daughter.

Cheers,

Joey

There are many things which it would be desirable to see in the new version.
But the majority of them - or is too difficult for realising
or they are not especially important.
But there are two things which really very much HELP with programming
and which thus very simply to realise (I the programmer and in my program they are)
What it is two things? Is, first, COLLAPSING FUNCTIONS (not sections,
there are enough functions)with the BUTTON of the COMMON COLLAPSING on the MAIN PANEL.
And secondly, it is instant jumping to the declaration
of FUNCTIONS(AND VARIABLES!), and RETURN BACK.
Presence of these simple things, personally for me,
accelerates programming in very times. And simplicity of their implementation
speaks about making it not in the fifth version, but in version 4.19!
Good luck)))

Going to repeat some others here in my list, but that's just to reinforce:

pet annoyance:
1. When I hit save all, stop asking me if I want to save each file..or please add the option to turn notification of this off, 10 files gets annoying real quick.

2. complement this with an autosave feature would be nice.

general:
3. with many others here, but being able to collapse functions or segments of code, structures etc. repeating a general theme with this one.

4. I've had some trouble simulation debugging when serial ports are involved. Forum search suggest lots of people having issues with this.

5. see 1.

6. see 2.

7. jump to point 5. :)

Cheers

Elric

"I'll tolerate assignments in Loops, but this kind of lewd behavior in IF's will not be tolerated"

1. C++ Debugging
2. C++ Debugging
3. C++ Debugging

- Intellisense
- Go to Declaration/Definition

I've changed my post because it seems they've cleared up the issues with using ELF files.

Last Edited: Thu. Feb 18, 2010 - 06:55 PM

What I would like to see

* Some sort of project template
When starting a new project, the system could ask for a template to use. The template includes eg. include path, library path, library to use, C-Compiler definements etc. Bascially all from the 'Configuration Options'.
Now all those things have to be defined by hand each time a new project gets startet, which is annoying and error prone if one has to work eg. for different hardware platforms which have their own Library and use eg. some Compiler Definements

* Make it possible to use placeholders (makros) in the Tools/Customize/Tools Dialog, especially in the edit box "Arguments". It would be useful to have eg $OUTPUT_NAME, $OUTPUT_PATH, $OUTPUT_FILE which are replaced by Studio with the actual values. At the moment I help myself by using always the same output file name, which requires manual intervention after creating a project. I would need this feature to be able to integrate a bootloader into AVR-Studio, which needs the name of the HEX-File on the command line. But unfortunately this name is not available in a handy way and changing the tool definition with each project is not realy a solution.

Make sure we can directly program the AVR using the usbtiny programmer...

Quote:

Make sure we can directly program the AVR using the usbtiny programmer...

Surely it's up to the "usbtiny" programmer to adhere to one of Atmel's well documented programming protocols in which case it'd simply work already? Why should Atmel waste time doing their work for them?

Another vote for moving to Eclipse. More than half of the posts have been about improving the editor, like collapse, jump to source, etc.

In addition, Eclipse has very powerful refactoring, auto-formatting, cross platform + so much more.

I don't know how realistic it is, but it would be really great if it happens.

I think is great if avrstudio 5 is based on eclipse just like avrstudio32. But with plugin capability just like original eclipse. So user's can use third party plugin like avr dude

thank's

Cross-platform is a big plus, but hard. Here are a couple biggies that should be easy.

1) And editor that doesn't loose the undo history just because you started a debugging session.

2) A clear option for being able to compile code as a hex file.

3) Being able to use CTRL-W to close individual windows.

4) Being able to rename projects. This can be done without problem by opening project files in a text editor and simply replacing all the instances of the old name with the new one. Ergo, this should be very easy to implement in the GUI.

This one would be handy, but I've never seen it anywhere so it might be Bad(TM):

5) Being able to define files in which the debugger will NEVER stop after you hit pause. All too often, I want to debug the main file, but whenever I hit pause it inevitably opens up some random delay, USART, etc... file.

Last Edited: Thu. Dec 17, 2009 - 09:02 AM

Many important things already posted, so I post a please for some luxury...

Ideal would be a little helper who suggests the variable or function while typing.
Therewith some searchings will be unnecessary and I have more time concerning my program and leave in constant workflow.

A search-for-declaration-of-function or -variable option would be nice too (..I know...there's a search-in-files-function...but I'm talking about some luxury).

A SUCCESSFUL day to all of you! ;)

Quote:

Many important things already posted, so I post a please for some luxury...

Both these have been up already ("intellisense" and "go to definition/reference") but more votes will never hurt! :D

Please fix a long standing bug (annoying and time wasting, too) related to the handling of open windows when the object image is reloaded. Here is how to reproduce the bug:

1) Create a new project by opening an existing .hex file. After the tool and device options are selected the object image is downloaded to the target device. Be sure the configuration is set to update the target if the image changes.

2) If not already visible, open the dissassembly view. Maximize the disassembly view and begin execution by single stepping, running to the cursor, etc.

3) By an external means, regenerate the original .hex file. It may be sufficient to just "touch" the file to update the timestamp.

4) When you switch focus back to AVR Studio, it will notice that the object image has changed and will prompt for re-downloading it. Allow it to do so.

5) The dissassembly view window will close before the downloading commences. However, when it completed, the disassembly view is not restored as it should be. Moreover, if you select View | Dissassembler, although the dissassembly window does open, it is the wrong size (the client area is probably the size that it was when it was maximized but the window is not maximized). Consequently, the title bar and the maximize button cannot be seen. To get back to where you were before, you have to select one of the window arrangement options (e.g. Tile Vertically) and then maximize.

What should happen is that the dissassembly view window should be restored to its exact size, position andstate as existed prior to updating the target so that the state. If this cannot be done for some technical reason, then at least have View | Dissassembler open the dissambly view window to its last recorded size, posistion and state.

A second issue is that in v4.18 the Break item is not always present on the Debug menu when the target is executing. I haven't been able yet to determine when it will be there and when it won't but this is something that was broken recently. The releases before 4.18 did not exhibit this problem as far as I can remember. Also, the "break" button on the toolbar does not always work when the target is executing. Sometimes it is disabled, other times it is enabled but has no effect when pressed.

Don Kinzer
ZBasic Microcontrollers
http://www.zbasic.net

pls,pls,.I won't want to see the text "No compilers /Assemblers installed " again...//
others:
1.can make text color like source insight?
2.F3 like ultraEdit?
3.why cannot the Cursor point to main when system reset??
thanks!

Quote:

why cannot the Cursor point to main when system reset??

Because that is not where the point of execution is? What if you want to debug startup code (that is executing before main). Maybe an option that you can select, but definitively not a forced "reset to main()".

1) It will be good to have a menu option for self testing of tools with appropriate message boxes with possibilities for the error if any.

2) No bugs on previously available features and new.

3) Support for the -a option in the commandline programming.

4) No CRASH!!!(especially after firmware upgrade)

5) Fast compiling.

6) Window size alligned correctly and automaticaly.

7) Renaming of the registers in watch window and register window should be saved in the project.

ATMEL--Heart Beat
Nothing Impossible

Quote:

3.why cannot the Cursor point to main when system reset??

Because the options in a C project have it break at main()? But to get what you want switch to the mixed C/Asm view then click the reset icon. This time the execution breaks at the reset vector and you can step through the C preamble and your own routines in .init3 etc.

1. Have the possibility to mark one (or more) source files in the project as "always compile". Example of use: in one of my source files I would like to define a string containing the last build date using __DATE__, for later reference. This file should always get compiled to have this information updated, regardless if it was modified or not.

2. More and better tooltip information provided when moving the mouse over a variable (variable declaration type (with a link to it), variable's actual value, etc).

3. Allow searching ("find") through the disassembler window.

4. Easier handling of the display mode (decimal,hex) selection in watch windows. For instance: when selecting the display mode for an array, this setting should be automatically transferred to all of its elements (but not to the elements of other arrays).
Also: add possibility to mark more entries in the watch list (ctrl+click) and allow to change their display mode in one single step (without affecting the remaining).

5. Editor: add the feature "search matching brace"

6. "Find" dialog: when clicking on "Find Next", the dialog should stay open. Otherwise, when we need to repeat several "Find Next" commands in a row, we have to reopen the Find dialog every time (very annoying)
NOTE: this feature is already available in the "Replace" dialog, so it is hard to understand why it was not implemented in the "Find" dialog as well.

7. Editor: add the feature to select text in a vertical column. This is useful to select a vertical block of spaces along the left margin and duplicate or clear it, resulting in indenting or outdenting a piece of code.

8. Project Wizard: provide the possibility to remove older / unused projects from the list.

9. And this is an important one related to debuggers (JTAG ICE, Dragon, etc.) ':x':
On AVR devices with DebugWire interface, do NOT allow users to enable the DebugWire interface (which in turn disables ISP Mode) on a chip that has Security Bits enabled. As you know, in such a situation, DebugWire will not work and since ISP Mode is already disabled at this point, the connection to the chip will be lost (reactivation of the ISP Mode requires high voltage programming, which in turn means unsoldering the chip from the circuit and putting it into a programmer). Do this: before allowing to enable the DebugWire fuse, PLEASE check if security bits are set. If so, issue an error message, asking the user to first clear the security bits.

- better support for C++:
- debugging,
- makefiles
- hierarchical project view – now all files are displayed as just one tree – a total mess
- support for more complicated makefiles – for example adding obj files, possibility of evoking external programs from autogenerated makefiles
- support for versioning system – at least SVN
- better editor
- all additional subprograms - Wireless studio, battery studio etc. as optional plug ins – most users never use it but with every update must install it
- source code browser – so without running debugger one can just see how particular piece of C code were translated into assembler
- CROSS PLATFORM!!!

+ code collapsing like other editors, PN for example :roll:

+ support for more than one version of winavr simultanously 8)

+ connect dialog: show ALL AVAILABLE COM ports, not just 1-9 but all that really exist in range 1-255 (my STK500 is often connected via USB-232 converters which gives random COM ports also above 9 :shock:

Quote:

+ support for more than one version of winavr simultanously

That's fairy easily achieved anyway as the project config allows you to edit the path to the toolchain. If you don't want to edit in long paths each time then set the paths to a virtual drive then SUBST the WinAVR path to that drive (maybe with some UseVerN.bat style batch files)
Quote:
+ connect dialog: show ALL AVAILABLE COM ports, not just 1-9 but all that really exist in range 1-255 (my STK500 is often connected via USB-232 converters which gives random COM ports also above 9

Again that is currently editable. Maybe you just meant set the default to something other than 9 (presumably they do that so it doesn't spend ages probing ports?)

clawson wrote:

Again that is currently editable. Maybe you just meant set the default to something other than 9 (presumably they do that so it doesn't spend ages probing ports?)

with "AUTO" they must only probe ports that really exist. Not stupidly all ports in the range!

I think probing which ports exist on the machine is fast (~ 1s in a program that already has this feature). Most often I have 2-4 COMports from which 1 or two are fixed and the others float in the range 3 to ~40. It's cooler to have a list (1,2,16,28 ) instead of (1...40).

It's a medium annoyance for me :)

alexchu wrote:
why cannot the Cursor point to main when system reset??
thanks!
Mine does. Maybe you don't live right. :)

I used to have that problem, but not anymore. Most of my functions are candidates for inlining, and GCC inlines them. Studio gets lost when functions are inlined.

I spent some time trying to get GCC to stop inlining so AVR Studio would be more useful. I was about to give up when I discovered this:

-finline-limit=2

There is nothing magic about 2, any small number will do.

Attachment(s): 

Some automatic reading of fuses & lock bits, to make automatic adjustments to the program.
I find it annoying that (especially for clock speeds) I have to read fuses "by hand" and then make sure that my program matches that.

Quote:
Some automatic reading of fuses & lock bits,
If you are talking about the programmer side then just check the Auto box.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

js wrote:

Quote:
If you are talking about the programmer side then just check the Auto box.

This "Auto" is not ready to use in my case: I have to adjust it to the fuse settings.
I have to admit that my hardware is somewhat outdated.
I use the AVRISP-U on recent STK200 from Kanda. It shows up in Studio, but it has to be operated as a separate program. I expect AVRISP-MkII does better, but can I set/read clockspeed (fuse) with/from my assembly program?
For example the CKDIV8 is passed to memory at processor startup, but not clockspeed. I think Studio should hold something like "CLKREAD" (from fuses), and I wish that value to be used by the assembler.
I wish all fuse values that are not passed to processor memory be made available that way.

Also, when I run the simulator I have to give it the correct clockspeed by hand.

+1 for cross platform, just in case someone is counting votes ;) Eclipse based would suit me fine..

Quote:
can I set/read clockspeed (fuse) with/from my assembly program?
No, not like a PIC if that's what you mean.

But if you are programming a lot of chips then you can set up a ELF (never used myself) format file that contains all data including fuse settings.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

jone wrote:
+1 for cross platform, just in case someone is counting votes ;) Eclipse based would suit me fine..

Same here.

Markus

clawson wrote:

Quote:
+ connect dialog: show ALL AVAILABLE COM ports, not just 1-9 but all that really exist in range 1-255 (my STK500 is often connected via USB-232 converters which gives random COM ports also above 9

Well, it's editable however, AVR Studio won't recognise COM ports above COM9. That stands for Ver. 4.18 (build 684).

Best regards
Jurij

Pages

Topic locked