avr 4.15 dll issue

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello everybody;

I need help with the following subject:

I have installed the new 4.15 AVR Studio but if I try to launch it I get a message that the WDAPI811.DLL can not be found.

Can anybody help me out?

TKS

Thanks to
AVR-GCC
and
SourceForge People

can you post which os you are using so it can be useful for some one to provide solution
try this thread may help you
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=61094&highlight=wdapi811+dll

change without any change is no change ;-)

Hi Pradheep;

The OS is XP SP3. I have two XP machines at home and I can not find the .dll file (under c:/windows/system32/wdapi811.dll) on both.But it exists once I have find it on my pc at office ( XP SP3). I have found that it is a dll from JUNGO ( http://www.jungo.com)and according to the answers from microsoft I think that it is not part of windows original package. I do not know what application or installation sw had insttalled or removed it from my computer. I will try to re-install the previous version 4.14 to check what is going to happen.
Tks

Thanks to
AVR-GCC
and
SourceForge People

I'm back

I intalled again the version 4.14 and the the 4.15 as an update ( at first time I have removed the 4.14 version before to install the new 4.15). The Jungo's dll is installed by the software to control USB interface.So, do not remove the previus version befor install the new one.
So, I consider the issue solved.

Regards

Thanks to
AVR-GCC
and
SourceForge People

Hi,

got the same (no wdapi811.dll). I installed 4.15 on fresh XP SP2 (AVRStudio was one of the first things I installed). I unchecked installation of USB driver.
Now using 4.14 but try install 4.15 on current install.

I have the same problem with 4.15 and I'm using Vista Ultimate x64.
Will go back to 4.14 until they fix this annoying error!

I've also just run into this bug! Bah! I'll have to downgrade to 4.14 and try again. All I wanted to do was upgrade from 4.11 to add support for the ATmega324, and now I can't program at all.

I just installed 4.15 on WIN 2000. For the first install I chose not to install the USB option. When running the app, I got the DLL error.

I reinstalled the app, without uninstalling anything, and selected to install the USB option. This time, it worked just fine. Problem resolved.

Hope this helps. SteveRob

Thanks, SteveRob! I've just discovered exactly the same workaround! I uninstalled 4.15, installed 4.12 (I happened to have that version available), selected to install the USB support (even though I have no USB programmer), then upgraded to 4.15. During the upgrade, an extra step showed up, installing USB drivers. After that version 4.15 works fine. Hope this info will help others/help debug the problem.

But do we really have to install USB drivers? Isn't that to force something you don't want?

Jungo crashed my old computer so I want to avoid that driver and since I'm not using it it's nothing I want!

Hello,

I've posted a bug report. Hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.

Pages