ATSTK200 WON'T WORK W/ WIN. ME?

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

PLEASE HELP!
> EVERYTHING WORK BUT WON'T SEE CHIPS OR ALL CHIP PROGRAMS WON'T WORK.
My system configuration : Dell computer system, OS :windows ME, INTEL Celeron 700Mhz, Printer Port configuration option : ECP as STK200 manual recommended. ( It works fine with the other Windows 95 OS/ Pentium 166Mhz computer )> HERE THE ERROR MSG.of Hardware Check window.:
> "AT89s8252 Part not detected.This may be due to power on off programming
> module, Security Bits enable or Pre production AVR"
> Plus There r 3 more buttons for option: Abort, Retry and Ignore

PETER NGO

admin's test signature

Hello Peter,

As I posted above, the AVR ISP software (the one that supports the STK200) is not very tolerant for high-speed computers and has not been design to work under WindowsNT/2k/ME. If it works on your other computer, I think this is an OS/speed matter.

There's a shareware out there called Pony Prog that's a lot more tolerant. Have a look at

http://www.lancos.com/prog.html

Corinthian

admin's test signature

I second the opinon that PonyProg is the way to go for later Windows OS. I've used it on Win 2K and it works just fine.

admin's test signature

Thanks for your clues guys! I did install 2 versions of Pony Prog and go thru setup/calibration ok.But It's still having the same problem. Someone said the Dell computer Parallel Port has 2.7v instead 5v which may cause the problem. Is that true? I will confirm it.
Good day!
Peter Ngo

admin's test signature

I think that turning from BIOS the LPT Port to bidirectional would help you

admin's test signature

Hi Thomas
I did that also. It may be a Dell computer hardware issue. I still don't know how to solve this prob. but back to use the older workstation(Win95/166Mhz) for now.
Thanks!

admin's test signature