Atmel ATmega328PB Technical Workshops with free ATmega328PB-XMINI development board (United Kingdom)

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello, I'm Chris from Future Electronics and together with Atmel, we are running two ATmega328PB technical workshops in the United Kingdom.

The training will focus on the ATmega328PB, particularly the QTouch® Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC), and every attendee will receive a free

Atmel ATmega328PB-XMINI development board. (there is no charge for these workshops.)

Location and dates are:

Tuesday 17th November – Future Electronics Offices – Salford Quays, Manchester
Thursday 19th November – Future Electronics Offices – Egham

You are welcome to register following this web-link.

http://uk.futureelectronics.com/en/promotions/EventsandSeminars/Pages/BringtouchtechnologytolifewiththeATmega328PB.aspx

We look forward to seeing you...

(If I've posted this in the incorrect area, please let me know and I will amend. Thank you.)

Correct forum... wrong country... well for me anyway.. unless you can supply plane tickets cheeky

EDIT below.

Chris, having just looked at your webpage could I suggest that you elaborate on the technical requirements. You state laptop but not which version of Atmel Studio... as you are new around here you may not be aware that many people are having serious installation troubles with AS7 and may choose to spend their day elsewhere if they have been unable to get it installed and stable..

Cheers,

Ross

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

Last Edited: Mon. Oct 19, 2015 - 11:22 AM

By the time we get it here it will be AS14 ......

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

... and twice as ...

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

valusoft wrote:

...many people are having serious installation troubles with AS7...

Cheers,

Ross

Hi Ross.

You know, I installed AS7, just last week and it installed flawlessly.  Of course, I neither use the AS7 assembler or the AS7 compiler - only the downloading/programming features.  It seems to work just fine.

However, AS7 does seem like a tremendous amount of over-bloat, just to stuff code into an IC.  I wish ImageCraft would provide a simple downloader in their IDE that worked as well as the ATStudio downloader.

The one thing that does spook me is the fact that AS7 needed to upgrade the firmware in my AVRISP-MKII programmers.  As long as I can back-track to the original firmware if I need to revert back to AS6, all will be just fine.

EDIT TO ADD:

I'm running Windows 8.

You can avoid reality, for a while.  But you can't avoid the consequences of reality! - C.W. Livingston

Last Edited: Mon. Oct 26, 2015 - 03:23 AM