Hi all. First post here and I have zero knowledge in this field.
I have a solar battery made by Sony (Sony Fortelion IJ1001M) which has an ATMEGA325PV microcontroller on the circuit board.
The issue I wish to resolve is a convoluted one, but entails how a solar inverter interacts with this battery based on a serial number stored in the ATMEGA EEPROM. If I can change the serial number in the EEPROM, the problem will be resolved.
I assume there might be some sort of checksum in the EEPROM, so I probably can't just write to the serial number and change it as needed (I'm guessing?). To that end, I have access to an identical battery that differs only in the serial number. I wish to duplicate the code from one battery to the other so the serial numbers match.
Things I've worked out -
1. The chip has ATMEL ATMEGA 325PV 10AU 1509 written on it.
2. The Atmel website doesn't list anything ending with 325PV (it does have 325, 325A, 325P & 325PA).
3. The battery management system has a COMM OFF MODE for maintenance. I assume this is for either flashing the firmware on the BMS or the battery modules.
4. Each battery has a 10pin JTAG plug.
Some questions -
1. Is this problem likely to be solveable?
2. What sort of equipment do I need?
3. What is a good starting point to learn the required steps?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.