AT32 UC3C2512C with STK600, Unable to activate physical interface for device AT32UC3C2512C. Check target voltage

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi folks,

the last time I worked with my stk600 and the MCU was a month ago, in that time - I'm sure - I didn't touch anything.

(edit: I use AtmelStudio 7)

And now when I wanted to flash a new program on the MCU the following error appeared:

Unable to activate physical interface for device AT32UC3C2512C. Check target voltage.

Unable to enter programming mode. Verify device selection, interface settings, target power, security bit, and connections to the target device.

And under Details I got:

Timestamp:    2016-08-18 13:53:48.888
Severity:        ERROR
ComponentId:    20100
StatusCode:    131103
ModuleName:    TCF (TCF command: Device:startSession failed.)

Unable to activate physical interface for device AT32UC3C2512C. Check target voltage.

When I read the target's voltage, it's 3,3V (as it should be).
Never touched the fuses. And I can't read them anyway.

Device selection is correct, as is the Card stack.

When I switch the power on, the MCU runs the blinky program that I programmed a month ago. And it runs fine.
If I try to reprogram it, the program freezes and the reset-button isn't functioning either.

Board settings and Tool Information should be fine too.

(I use JTAG without a daisychain)

It seems never to actually try to use the JTAG, because it doesn't matter if I plug the JTAG connector in or out.

Does someone have an idea how I can recover from this? Or whats causing this?

I hope its not a windows update issue... (I'm running win7)

regards,

Martin

This topic has a solution.

[insert smart signature here]

Last Edited: Fri. Aug 19, 2016 - 11:26 AM
This reply has been marked as the solution. 

Removing all the connectors (except the JTAG) solved the issue.

[insert smart signature here]

Hi. I am using avr one to debug at32uc3b0512. My  at32uc3b0512 is placed on stk600. I using 3.3 V and 12 Hz stk600 Ext clock.

MCU programs fine but on starting debuging I gives this error "Unable to activate physical interface for device AT32UC3B0512. Check target voltage."

Can you please help me.

Last Edited: Mon. Nov 28, 2016 - 07:29 AM