Atmel Studio giving error, The Operation Could not be completed

Hello Everyone,

I am using the latest version of Atmel Studio version-7.0.1417, but I am getting the following errors now.

I installed this setup on my Windows 10 Laptop (i3, 4GB DDR3 RAM), 1 month back, it was working fine and sometimes i get this error but like once in 10 days.

But from last  days I am frequently getting this and I am not able to do anything.

I searched with same keywords and followed the suggestion, like Run as Administrator but nothing works for me.

Even I repaired and reinstalled but again nothing works.

Now the situation is like that, it is working in 1 out of 20 times, most of the time I am restarting Atmel Studio and my Laptop.

Please suggest something to resolve this issue.

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Fri. Aug 25, 2017 - 05:30 PM

When do you see that? Is it when you try to "Build" or something else?

Perhaps tell what you are doing when it pops up.  Editing the source file?  Building? Other?

The top-rated reply (and some of the comments to it) at https://stackoverflow.com/questi... seem to give some good things to try.

The symptom in this https://camerondwyer.wordpress.c... seems to match OP's here...depending on what "operation" was attempted.

When do you see that? Is it when you try to "Build" or something else?

Yes, when i am trying to build my project. Rebuilding and Cleaning also results in same errors

theusch wrote:

I opened the project and the click of build, and I get this error.

Rebuilding and Cleaning also results in same error.

This reply has been marked as the solution.

theusch wrote:

Thanks, I will check this.

But I want to update you guys with one thing, I recalled that few days back I installed an extension for data size, and now I disabled it and after this everything is working fine.

Source Code is building properly.

I don't know, why this happens.

07arunsharma wrote:
I opened the project and the click of build, and I get this error.

Rebuilding and Cleaning also results in same error.

Where, exactly, in the build process does it occur - at the beginning? at the end? during compiling? during linking? or what?

07arunsharma wrote:
I installed an extension for data size

What extension, exactly?

Give a link.

now I disabled it and after this everything is working fine.

Source Code is building properly.

So, when it was failing, were there any messages in the build output?

I don't know, why this happens.

It rather sounds like the problem is either in or caused by that "extension" - doesn't it?

typo

Last Edited: Thu. Aug 24, 2017 - 06:35 AM

Can we see a complete build output (switch to the Output tab and copy everything and paste here) from a build that fails in this way?

Happy 75th anniversary to one of the best movies ever made! Rick Blane [Bogart]: "Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."

"Some questions have no answers."[C Baird] "There comes a point where the spoon-feeding has to stop and the independent thinking has to start." [C Lawson] "There are always ways to disagree, without being disagreeable."[E Weddington] "Words represent concepts. Use the wrong words, communicate the wrong concept." [J Morin] "Persistence only goes so far if you set yourself up for failure." [Kartman]

JohanEkdahl wrote:
Can we see a complete build output

Also, watch the build output as the build proceeds and tell us where the pop-up occurs

(this will probably be easiest if you make the build output window as large as possible)

Hi All,

The extension I installed is "Data Size Viewer", I

And there is no update on build output window, as soon as i press the build from menu, i get this error.

After disabling the extension, project is building properly.

But now the condition is even after enabling the extension everything is working properly.

I will post the output window content here, if i face this problem again, but as i remember there is no update and on pressing the build i get the error.