1. I have made a circuit operating from 220Vac/50Hz. It had capacitive supply to power up the microcontroller, which inturn controls the triac to switch 220Vac/50Hz to heating wire which is resistive in nature.
heating wire is resistive, which consumes 70W on 220Vac/50Hz.
2. Now I am checing some possibility if same circuit can work on 110Vac/60Hz. I think same capacitive supply can work(that I will check), but heating wire will not get heat up from 110Vac/60Hz, as it gets heat up at 220Vac/50Hz.
3. I am searching for some very light weight circuit which can do this. As this needs to be fit inside a handheld remote.
First thought was to use a transformer, but it will be bulky.
4. I think frequency does not affect much, as capacitive ckt will work fine & load is also resistive
5. Any ckt suggestion on this, On google I mainly found transformer based ckt or i am searching with wrong keywords